W.S. Tyler is committed to serving our customers and growing the business while making a continuous effort to improve the health and well-being of the individuals in our community.
By thinking and acting sustainably, we will deliver excellent customer service while positioning the company for a strong future. We are dedicated to ensuring that the W.S. Tyler legacy is built on sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
We believe that everyone is responsible for achieving good environmental practices and operating in a sustainable manner. We are taking proactive steps to incorporate and improve environmentally friendly processes into our business and our everyday actions.
- Minimize our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible
- Minimize energy and water usage in our building and processes
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
- Measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
People and Society
We are fueled by relationships - with our loyal customers, our partners in Germany and our internal team members. We recognize and value everything each of our employees brings to the table; unique experiences, creative ideas and opposing viewpoints. Therefore, W.S. Tyler’s mission is to foster an environment that is open, honest and a collaborative space for innovative ideas.
Our diversity and inclusion efforts are focused around:
- Leading and managing inclusively - embracing different cultures, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations
- Creating a work environment that promotes growth and advancement
- Engaging employees in discussion/programs to promote acceptance and understanding
Cleveland is our home and our heart. We at W.S. Tyler, want to focus on giving back to the place that has given so much to us. We have decided to partner with The Cleveland Division of Habitat for Humanity in 2018 as a Cornerstone Builder. W.S. Tyler will be sponsoring and building a house with the contractors and team at Habitat for Humanity.
Throughout 2018 and 2019, the W.S. Tyler team will be holding internal fundraisers to reach our total goal for the such as lunch events, bake off and cooking competitions, and raffles. These activities also serve as team building and fun for all of our employees.
Our Volunteer Committee, which consists of members of the senior staff, the office, family members, and the “shop” workers, will also be getting hands-on at the building site as often as possible. We are so excited for this new journey as a team and community members.